As part of the Abre team, the Senior Developer will lead a team of junior developers to create and coordinate web application development for the Abre platform.
What is Abre?
Abre is a software platform serving the education marketplace. We develop tools that make school happen, make teachers happy and create more time for teaching students. We’re very serious about our mission to empower teachers to do more with digital instruction and technology but we also like to have fun.
- Competitive salary
- Fast-paced, startup environment
- Collaborate and communicate with the project team on development progress, risks, estimates, and challenges
- Development Team Leader
- Write code
- Develop mockups, wireframes, block diagrams, and logic flowcharts
- Mentor, train, and develop junior developers
- Five (5) years of professional or comparable experience is expected
Knowledge and experience in the following is preferred, but not required
- Our tech stack
- Original codebase in LAMP – PHP, jQuery, HTML, MySQL
- Moving to a focus on Angular, TypeScript, Node
- Google Material Design
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Apps API’s
- Conduct reviews on page load times and improve site performance.
- Understanding of online user experience (UX)